On 04/04/2019, IIT Gandhinagar announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed M.Phil/Ph.D. for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow.
|Vacancy 1||Postdoctoral Fellow|
|Salary||Rs. 45,000 – Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Experience||2 – 5 years|
|Last Date to Apply||23/04/2019|
Other Qualification Details:
1. Eligibility: Candidates must have consistently good scholastic record and and a PhD degree in Theoretical Physics with specialisation in Quantum Optics and/or Ultracold atomic physics. Motivated candidates working in theoretical condensed matter physics, especially with experience in non-equilibrium field theory methods are also encouraged to apply. Candidates who have submitted their thesis are equally eligible for the position.
2. Duration: The appointment is for 1 year. Remuneration: 45,000 to 60,000 INR per month based on experience.
3. Job Description: The research interests of the group are in the areas of quantum optics, ultracold atomic physics, and quantum thermodynamics. Some specific problems of interest include collective dissipation in conventional atoms based quantum optics systems (trapped cold atoms) as well as artificial atoms (such as quantum dots, NV centers), feedbackenhanced quantum metrology with cold atoms in cavities, and designing quantum heat engines with quantum optical systems. The candidate, with the help of the Principle Investigator, is expected to lead research projects as well as write up the resulting work for publication, co-mentor other junior members in the group.
B. Prasanna Venkatesh, PhD Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Near Palaj, Gandhinagar 382355, Gujarat, India.
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply
Candidates should send their applications via e-mail with subject line Postdoc 2019-QO-IITGn to B. Prasanna Venkatesh (email@example.com). The following documents must be sent as a single pdf attachment to the email:
1. Current CV with list of publications,
2. A research plan summarizing previous research work and future research interests (maximum 2 pages)
3. Name and e-mail addresses of 3 potential referees.
Last date of application: 23rd April 2019.